Darwins Review: Fresh Food, Raw Diets & Green Tripe
*this is beef vs. Green Tripe but the packaging is the same…
Green Tripe or “Super Food” for the Caplan Trio (#sponsored)
We serve Darwin’s fresh food twice a day. We rotate between beef, chicken and turkey. Today we tried Green Tripe as a supplement. Green Tripe is the stomach lining of ruminant or grazing animals such as cattle, sheep, bison and oxen.
We also add a probiotic to every meal.
Now there are a few reasons why I’m excited about Green Tripe – and I want to dispel some myths confirm a few facts too.
- One is palatability. Don’t let anyone tell you that your dogs will turn their nose up at Green Tripe. When I add a little bit as a supplement – they LOVE it. Great for mixing in something bitter like a pill or antibiotic. FACT
- You have to get past the smell – it’s really pungent. It was really hard to get past the smell the first time we added it to the dog’s meals. So that’s a fact and just remember all the benefits when you’re adding it in. Your dogs like the smell. FACT
- Green Tripe also supports digestion. Your immune cells live in the gut so anything you can do to support your digestive system is an added bonus – this is a fact. FACT
- Folks refer to Green Tripe as Super Food. Why? It is indeed a nutritional powerhouse. <link to Kim’s article> One of many reasons is Green Tripe contains essential fatty acids. FACT
- Enhances the immune system so as the pet parent of an old dog with Irritable Bowel Disease, Green Tripe is a no brainer addition to his fresh food diet FACT Dogs with chronic bowels issues will benefit.
*Kim’s blog Keep the Tail Wagging is an outstanding resource and the focus of her blog talks a lot about feeding a Raw Diet. if this topic is interested to you, please look over her blog!
- Great story about Green Tripe: http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+2090&aid=30
- Kim’s article — http://keepthetailwagging.com/5-reasons-why-our-dogs-need-green-tripe-daily/
- Darwin’s article — https://www.darwinspet.com/green-tripe-the-superfood-for-dogs-and-cats/
- More about Green Tripe: http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/the-stink-on-tripe/
Disclaimer: We received Green Tripe from Darwin’s as part of their blogger program in exchange for an honest review. I only share information about products that I believe in and already fit into our doggie lifestyle and routine. Darwin’s did not compensate me for this post.
Pics of my Raw Diet Feeding Routine: